Thursday, August 20, 2009

An "inconvenient" adventure, TAKE TWO!

So... how about a quick update on my doctor situation? :)

Basically, if you'll skip down to my last post and analyze that diagram of random letters and numbers... you can pretty much just add 5 "C-11's" to the end, haha. + calls and texts to 09.

I did have to go back and have another CATscan... but thankfully I didn't have to pay for it. For fun, just to add even more extra adventure, on my way there I hopped on a different random bus going in the same direction to see if I could still find my way there... it went way past the road my other bus goes on, but I walked a few blocks in the RIGHT directions from the other bus stop, and still found the place. Boo-yah! I was so proud of myself!! :)

This time it went much quicker as well... haha, but almost too quick - I didn't feel like I had to pass out this time - maybe because they let me lay down the whole time instead of moving from room to room and sitting in different chairs after they inject me with medicine, hehe - BUT, they did squirt my blood all over the place and popped my blood vessel where they stuck the IV in... oops!

Anyhoo... the next day I went back again to pick up the results. I couldn't read them, of course... but it was a longer report than the last time, so I assumed they at least saw something this time! The secretaries in the office that night weren't the same ones that I'd started to become friends with, and they were a little less willing to help out a poor, dumb, English-speaking girl, haha. So I decided it really didn't bother me to wait another day to know what was wrong with me!

On the way home, however, I drove through an area where I'd been to another doctor a couple times before, so I got off the bus and walked to doc R5's to see if he could see anything in the results, or at least read them for me! Turns out the office was completely torn apart, ha - must be remodeling, and no one was around... *sigh. Abandoned... I just laughed, and bought some chocolate from the kiosk before walking back to the bus stop to go... not home, but to a friend's place for some fun, lol.

But then... my wonderful oral surgeon calls me that night. Now, back up just a second - I have to tell you about this last guy (O9 on the diagram, lol). He has been incredibly patient and helpful and concerned for me the entire time. He called up the CATscan place to make sure they'd let me go through another one for free, and to reiterate exactly the area and type of scan he had asked them to do in the first place. He has also been the best at explaining what could possibly be going on to me. And now... he listened to me as I stumbled through reading the Greek on the report to him over the phone. I sounded like a first-grader just learning to read, lol. He made me read it twice, ha.

It basically said that they can't see anything major wrong in my skull, but they do see the swelled area, and recommend getting an MRI next. My doc just said to wait until we both get back from our vacation times, and he'll have a look at everything and recommend what to do next. So, for now, I just keep living with this swollen bump in my lower right jaw... It hasn't been horribly painful as of late, just quite tender, so that's nice... but about every other week it puffs out my cheek bigger than normal, joy... cute, haha. :P There are worst things; I shall not complain. :)

Ah, in the meantime... I should be sending in all my x-ray/CATscan bills into my insurance company... whoops! Better get on that.

Until the next update... :) Keep praying the cause will be found so it can just all go away. Also pray that I'll think of some creative, good ways to stay in contact with all the doctors and nurses and secretaries... and to encourage them and thank them for helping me! :) Lord - let your light that's alive in me, shine on them. Help them ALL to know you!! :)

No comments: